Welcome to my blog! The posts are listed by date, with the most recent on top. Enjoy.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Holidays!

I love Christmas.  I love the cool weather, the colorful lights, the smells of cinnamon, nutmeg and spice.  I love the family togetherness, lounging about eating food all day long.  I love getting special gifts for those special people in my life.  Christmas time makes me think about the year that's passed, the memories made, the challenges overcome and it gets me thinking about the year ahead.  I start tying up loose ends and setting my intentions, recharging my batteries, looking ahead to new beginnings.   This year has been special because Christmas fell right in the middle of Hanukkah, which we also celebrate since Zach is Jewish.  Back in our New York days we used to have an annual Chranukkah party complete with secret santas and potato latkes.  But wow! how things change once you have kids!  We've gone from all night ragers with rum punch and spiked eggnog to parties where the children seem to outnumber the adults.  But it's all good, it's Life.  It's where we are right now and I'm enjoying it in a different way.

This year Miles is old enough to actually partake in Christmas and Hanukkah.  So we have been lighting the Menorah and he's been able to open his own gifts.  He even helped Grandpa Mikey stuff the stockings this morning.  I didn't put up a real tree because Miles would destroy it, but we still had a beautiful tree and lights and decorations and food and joy and laughter and much merriment. It's been a beautiful week spent with family and friends and an emotional week as I see how much my little man has progressed.

I am literally 5 weeks away from my due date.  Soon enough there will be a new addition to our family and everything will change again.  I'm scared and excited, thrilled and filled with trepidation.  I've no idea what to expect, so I'm just going to hope for the best.  Life is about to take a new turn for us and we are going to welcome it with open arms!

Merry Holidays to all my dear family, friends and readers.  May this season fill you with peace, joy and lots of love.
Our Christmas Tree!
Miles helps Grandpa Mikey fill the stockings.


Zach, Miles and Loreni

Miles trying to get to his stocking.
                                                    
                                    Miles playing with his new basketball hoop.  A gift from uncle Nico.


No comments:

Post a Comment