Welcome to my blog! The posts are listed by date, with the most recent on top. Enjoy.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry New Year!


Merry New Year Everyone!! It's 2011 and I am excited for what this year will bring.

Yesterday I was recalling the sadness I felt during Miles' first Christmas in 2009. I was in love with my little baby, but utterly scared of the future with him. A whole year has passed and he's learned and grown so much. I've learned and grown so much and though I am still scared of the future, I am also excited and optimistic of what's in store for us.

In fact, Miles showed us a little sneak peak of what's in store for 2011. On December 31st, he decided to start crawling! Yep, my little wiggle worm lifted his belly off the floor and put one arm forward, followed by a leg, then the other arm, followed by the other leg and so on for 4 little crawl steps! He did it all day long, slamming his little hands down as if to make sure the ground was really below him. And he talked to himself the whole time, making little coo-ing sounds and laughing cause he knew it was a cool thing he was doing. He was so proud of himself and I was even prouder of him!! So there you have it, Miles will be fully crawling (or creeping as it is technically called by the professionals) sometime soon and as the natural progression of things go, he will then walk. At some point, in his own time, maybe not even this year, but in the future Miles will walk. What a beautiful way to end the year and start a new one!

May the New Year bring you all closer to your goals, your loved ones and yourselves.

1 comment: