Welcome to my blog! The posts are listed by date, with the most recent on top. Enjoy.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Morning Slumber

I've been denying it for the last three weeks or so, but I need to just accept it now.....I can no longer sleep in!!

Miles has been a great sleeper since he was born. He would eat and sleep and sleep some more. We would have to wake him up to eat because all he wanted to do was sleep. He was sleeping 8-10 hours a night by the time he was 3 months and there was no sleep training involved, just a little routine. After his bath and bottle he would slip into slumber until around 5:30am the next morning. At that time, I would bring him to bed and nurse him for about 20 minutes and then we would all sleep for another 2 hours. Not bad! Wake up time was 7:30am and we could sometimes lay in bed for another hour before he got fussy or bored.

Not anymore!

Miles will still drift to sleep around 7:30pm, but for the last few weeks, he'll wake up anywhere between 4-6am and he will not go back to sleep!!!! I nurse him for a good 20-30 minutes and though he seems tired, he is wide awake and eager to play! If I put him back in his crib he will talk and yell loudly to get our attention. If I keep him in bed with us, he blow bubbles, smash our faces, yell, smile, laugh, talk....do anything but go back to sleep.
Don't get me wrong, he is so happy in the mornings that I can't help but kiss and hug him. But really, I want to sleep in until 7, 8, 9am maybe?

Sometimes I'll bring him into my office, sit him down with his toys while I lay on the couch and try to get another hour of sleep in. But even that's difficult. He wants me to look at him and interact, so after a while he'll yell for my attention. This morning I decided that if I have to be up at 6am with a noisy child, I might as well get some work done. So here I am, catching up on my blog since it's been over a week that I write! I've got a whole list of things to do but who knows how much I'll really get done.

Right now, Miles is playing with his little keyboard, hitting the same note over and over and over again.... Okay, it's gonna be a loooong morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment